I have really been struggling with image capture this last couple weeks, since I got my new phone. First off, it’s got a terrific 21 mega pixel camera built in (I really like that part). However, somehow the automatic upload to my google + account just is not happening, AND my computer refuses to allow me to download the pics with and usb cable. ARGH! I finally discovered I could email the image from my camera to myself and then download. It’s a bit convoluted, but it will work for now.
So, here is the final version of the Spirit Portrait I was working on. I added a few more layers of both transparent watercolor and then also of prismacolor pencil. Then I played a few moments with the new acrylic pen (black paint, as well as another with white paint).
I tried to tone down the hair, however, there was no way that it would have it. Calls um like I sees um, I suppose. It’s not always what I see with the physical eye though. Sometimes energy’s brilliance wins out.
After completing this one, I still had quite a bit of wet yellow paint because the tip exploded when I attempted to quietly un-clog it. I couldn’t figure out how to get it back in the bottle, so I grabbed a blank canvas and spread the rest of the yellow paint on it.
Next I took out the new black paint pen, because I wanted to play with it a bit more. I LOVE this pen. It really is exactly what I imagined it would be. This resultant painting is not particularly pleasant or good or anything, but it sure felt good and fun creating it.
There will be much more to come created using this new instrument. UH-huh. It sparked all kinds of ideas.