I have really been struggling with image capture this last couple weeks, since I got my new phone. First off, it’s got a terrific 21 mega pixel camera built in (I really like that part). However, somehow the automatic upload to my google + account just is not happening, AND my computer refuses to allow me to download the pics with and usb cable. ARGH! I finally discovered I could email the image from my camera to myself and then download. It’s a bit convoluted, but it will work for now.

3-12-15spiritselfSo, here is the final version of the Spirit Portrait I was working on. I added a few more layers of both transparent watercolor and then also of prismacolor pencil. Then I played a few moments with the new acrylic pen (black paint, as well as another with white paint).

I tried to tone down the hair, however, there was no way that it would have it. Calls um like I sees um, I suppose. It’s not always what I see with the physical eye though. Sometimes energy’s brilliance wins out.

After completing this one, I still had quite a bit of wet yellow paint because the tip exploded when I attempted to quietly un-clog it. I couldn’t figure out how to get it back in the bottle, so I grabbed a blank canvas and spread the rest of the yellow paint on it.

Next I took out the new black paint pen, because I wanted to play with it a bit more. I LOVE this pen. It really is exactly what I imagined it would be. This resultant painting is not particularly pleasant or good or anything, but it sure felt good and fun creating it.

3-12-15paintsketch

There will be much more to come created using this new instrument. UH-huh. It sparked all kinds of ideas.